We are working to support legislation currently before the Massachusetts State Legislature that will benefit Indigenous Peoples.
Our current Agenda includes five current bills in the 2019-2021 session that reflect some of the key concerns within Massachusetts.
From time to time, we will also ask supporters to lend a hand with other legislation in the region and nationally.
Please sign up for our mailing list so that you can receive updates.
- An Act Establishing An Indigenous Peoples Day (House Number: H.3665)
- An Act providing for the creation of a permanent commission relative to the education of American Indian and Alaska Native residents of the Commonwealth (House Number: H.444)
- An Act to Protect Native American Heritage (House Number: H.2948, Senate Number: S.1811)
- An Act prohibiting the use of Native American mascots by public schools in the Commonwealth (House Number: H.443, Senate Number: S.247)
- Resolve Providing for the creation of a Special Commission relative to the Seal and Motto of the Commonwealth (House Number: H.2776, Senate Number: S.1877