We are working to support legislation currently before the Massachusetts State Legislature that will benefit Indigenous Peoples.
Our current Agenda includes five current bills in the 2021-2022 session that reflect some of the key concerns within Massachusetts.
From time to time, we will also ask supporters to lend a hand with other legislation in the region and nationally.
Please sign up for our mailing list so that you can receive updates.
- An Act prohibiting the use of Native American mascots by public schools in the Commonwealth (SD.417/HD.646)
- An Act Establishing an Indigenous Peoples Day (HD.2422/SD.664)
- An Act Relative to Celebrating and Teaching Native American Culture & History (HD.2421/SD.1529)
- An Act to Protect Native American Heritage (HD.1662/SD.1887)
- An Act Providing for the Creation of a Permanent Commission Relative to the Education of American Indians and Alaska Native Residents of the Commonwealth (HD.1663)